More about the new website
The site has been modernised following user feedback during the NDTMS reporting consultation last year. It uses an open platform and offers the same features as before along with a completely redesigned ViewIt module, making it easier to view, interpret and download key national statistics trend information at local and national level.
Main features include:
- A new modern look and feel throughout
- New ViewIt module allowing users to visualise and download local data (currently only available in the restricted area due to sensitivity of low numbers)
- A public and restricted area as before with the same level of security
- Report Viewer is accessible as before
More about the new-look ViewIt
ViewIt has been configured in a format that is easy to navigate and use. Indicators and filters are mainly on the left and data visualisation and tables appear on the right. It now contains adult substance misuse data from 2009-10 to 2016-17, aligning with data provided in previous LA trend reports and commissioning support packs. Data is provided at national, PHE Centre and local authority level. Main features include:
- View and download adult substance misuse data for the last eight years for nine key national statistics indicators
- Filter by local area, substance group, counts or proportions, all in treatment or new presentations
- Compare local figures against PHE Centre and national levels
- Filter information within the charts
- Edit the chart view
- Export data tables
- Download entire set of indicators for your local authority area along with associated PHE Centre and national figures
- Tooltips to help interpret available options
- "How to” video guides for the key areas of the module
How you can help improve NDTMS.net
There are several ways that you can help to improve the website and the service we provide:
- Complete the quick surveys that appear periodically on the main site and the ViewIt module. This is worthwhile as we will be asking users to help us decide what we should work on next and which additional indicators we should include.
- If you need to ask a question or wish to provide general feedback you can do so here https://www.ndtms.net/Contact/QuestionsAndFeedback
- Tell us what your needs are as a user of the site (known as a user story) by completing the simple online form here https://www.ndtms.net/UserStory
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for anything else.
We aim to make the new site live by midday at the latest. There may be a short period of inactivity on the morning of the 16th due to configuration work.
Published on 11 July 2018
The NDTMS community reports for Q4 2018-19 are now available on the Report Viewer. The partnership level Activity Report will be updated tomorrow to include the remaining additional codes and variables from CDS-N codes apart from CIR items which will be reported in Q1 18-19. We are working on incorporating CDS-N items currently reported in the partnership version into the provider level Activity Report and hope to release this in June. The reporting delays experienced last week have had a knock on effect on the RDT report releases and unfortunately we will now not be able to release the partnership level RDT until this time next week on 31st May and the provider level report one week later on 7th June. Please accept our apologies for this further inconvenience.
Please also note that a new NDTMS reporting timetable for 2018-19 has been published on the report viewer.
Published on 24 May 2018
Unfortunately an error has been identified in the March NDTMS data whereby the gender on some records were reclassified impacting on the calculation of individuals.
This has only come to light during our sense checking of reports prior to release. Please accept our apologies for this, PHE is working to rectify this issue as quickly as possible. The Q4 reports that have already been published have been removed from the Report Viewer (YP Executive Summary and the prison reports) and we would ask users to delete any local copies of these reports pending their re-release. We will be aiming to reissue all Q4 reports on Thursday 24th and Friday 25th May in line with the scheduled release of DOMES.
Apologies again for this further delay and for the inconvenience this is inevitably causes.
Published on 17 May 2018
The report contains information on adults receiving drug and alcohol treatment in England during the year, their profile, the substances used, the outcomes from treatment as well as 12 years of trend information.
Published on 09 November 2017
The 2017-18 NDTMS reporting timetable is now available on NDTMS.Net and the Report Viewer. Please note that all periodic reports listed in the timetable will be produced using updated methodology. This will cover all NDTMS activity submitted from April 2017 onwards. For further information, please refer to the document entitled "2017-18 METHOD UPDATE - NOTIFICATION" available on the NDTMS Report Viewer.
Published on 07 July 2017